100% Made in USA
DIY Intercooler Screen Mod
This walkthrough will guide you through installing a screen to protect your precious intercooler fins. My fins were always getting bent up so I came up with this. Perform modifications to your car at your own risk. Be sure to do your research ahead of time before doing any mods. Installation was performed on a 2006 WRX Sedan.
Philips head screwdriver
Roll of aluminum mesh. (got it at Lowe’s, home depot or home improvement stores)
1. Remove the screws circled in red. The top-middle screw is a plastic tab.
2. Clean off the dust and dirt. Its cleaner that way.
3. There are these plastic pop rivets that hold the rubber lining in place. Remove all of them with pliers and keep it safe so you don’t lose any.
4. I cut the mesh 20.25” long.
5. I cut the mesh 6.5” wide.
6. The plastic pop rivets fit into a square of the mesh. Just lay it across the splitter, put the rubber lining on top, and pop the rivets back in. You will have to trim the mesh to fit without fraying around the edges.
7. Put the splitter back on the hood.
Intercooler with bent fins
Intercooler with fins straightened out using tweezers.
Go for a test drive and make sure all fasteners are still locked in.
Contact us at: email@example.com .- © 2009 Flex Innovations, All Rights Reserved
All photographs are property of FLEX